Capital District Schools
- Registration will open early summer
North Country Schools
The College Days program provides North Country and Capital District high schools a chance to jump start their students' college selection process by exposing them to college life.
Students will receive advice from admissions professionals, hear from currently enrolled students, talk with faculty about degree and career pathways, take a campus tour, and eat in the dining facilities!
During the program, your students will:
- Participate in an interactive presentation focused on navigating the college search and application process, as well as insight into scholarships and financial aid tools.
- Use live polling to interact with a currently enrolled student panel who will address their concerns about college and give advice for choosing the right school.
- Take a work interest assessment in advance of the program to learn how their strengths translate into majors.
- Participate in faculty breakout sessions for in-depth discussions about career options and degree pathways.
- Take a campus tour featuring academic buildings, a residence hall, the library, and more!
- Enjoy a complimentary on-campus lunch in one of our dining facilities.
SUNY Plattsburgh offers transportation funding on a first-come, first-serve basis for schools in need to help make this opportunity a reality for your students. Please indicate your desire to be considered for funding in your registration.
Additionally, lunch in our dining facilities is complimentary for all students and chaperones in attendance.
Schedule of Events
Capital District and North Country College Days (All dates)
|9:30 - 10 a.m.||
Arrival and Check-In. Location: 2nd floor, Angell College Center.
Get settled and watch a pre-show slideshow highlighting campus life through pictures, trivia, and live polling.
|10 - 10:30 a.m.||
Interactive College Search Presentation and Live Q&A Session. Location: 2nd floor, Angell College Center.
Learn more about what SUNY Plattsburgh has to offer academically and socially. Plus, learn how to navigate the college selection process with advice and best practices for conducting a college search, applying to college, and maximizing scholarships and financial aid.
Participate in live polling and ask college-related questions to a panel of currently enrolled SUNY Plattsburgh students.
|10:35 - 11:25 a.m.||
Major and Career Breakout Sessions. Location: 2nd floor, Angell College Center.
Hear an overview of your work interest assessment results. Learn what your strengths are and what majors/careers best suit you.
Participate in major and career breakout sessions with SUNY Plattsburgh faculty based on your work interest assessment results. Learn more about what degrees and professions utilize your strengths and what you potential for success might be in that industry.
|11:30 - 1:15 p.m.||
Complimentary Lunch and Campus Tours.
Enjoy lunch in Clinton Dining Hall, our largest dining facility on campus!
Take a guided student tour showcasing a residence hall, class rooms, the fitness center, student center, and much more!