At SUNY Plattsburgh, we work to minimize your time to degree and maximize your return on investment with one end goal in mind — graduation.
We take the guesswork out of transferring by helping you assess course and credit transferability while identifying transfer pathways best suited to your personal circumstances and academic goals.
We have built transfer partnerships and articulation agreements that streamline your credit transfer process and provide clear guidelines for what you need to take and achieve now to ensure transferability later.
Credits from Colleges & Universities
SUNY Plattsburgh awards up to 67 transfer credits from two-year colleges. Students transferring from four-year colleges may transfer up to 84 semester hours provided that at least 17 of those hours were earned at four-year colleges. To receive credit, the admissions office must receive an official college transcript that lists completed courses and final grades. The following outlines other important considerations for awarding credit:
- Credit transferring from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Credit transferring from non-regionally accredited institutions of higher education will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and students will be expected to provide course descriptions and/or syllabi to assist in evaluating the coursework.
- Courses are liberal arts or are applicable to non-liberal arts programs.
- Courses are meeting the minimum grade required for transfer. Certain majors require a ‘C’ or higher in relevant coursework.
- Courses intended to fulfill general education or major requirements must meet placing
transfer credit guidelines.
Scroll down to learn more about transferring credit and to view our transfer credit policy.