Transfer Fast Facts
SUNY Plattsburgh enrolls approximately 500 transfer students each year. Learn more about the academic interests, geographic locations, and overall composition of the 2021 transfer class.
Transfer Academic Profile
- Cumulative GPA (from all colleges): 3.0
- Average number of credits earned at previous institution(s): 60
Top Ten Majors
- Nursing RN-to-B.S.
- Business administration
- Criminal justice
- Social work
- Childhood Ed. 1-6 B.S./M.S.Ed.
- Biomedical sciences
- Expeditionary studies
2021 Transfer Enrollment Profile
- # Transfers enrolling fall semester: 316
- # Transfer enrolling spring semester: 156
- % Students transferring as part of 2021 class: 25%
- % Transfers enrolled at SUNY Plattsburgh’s main campus: 67%
- % Transfers enrolled at SUNY Plattsburgh’s branch campus at Queensbury: 19%
- % Transfers enrolled in a SUNY Plattsburgh online completion program: 26%
Top Ten Transfer Colleges
- SUNY Adirondack
- Clinton Community College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- North Country Community College
- Suffolk Community College
- SUNY Canton
- Nassau Community College
- Monroe Community College
- Westchester Community College
- Dutchess Community College
Transfer Scholarships & Financial Aid
- 38% of all new transfers receive institutional aid for a total of $185,000.
- 35% of new transfers receive an institutional scholarship for a total of $150,000.
Transfer Geographic Profile
NYS Regional Breakdown
- Capital District: 32%
- North Country: 24%
- Hudson Valley: 13%
- Central/Western, N.Y.: 14%
- Long Island: 9%
- New York City: 10%
Approximately 5% of transfer students are from out of state or are international students.
Top Ten NYS Counties
Transfer Diversity Profile
Domestic Students Only
- White, Non-Hispanic: 73%
- Black, Non-Hispanic: 6%
- Hispanic: 12%
- Asian: 4%
- Multiple Races: 3%
- American Indian/Native American: 1%
- Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: <1%
- Unknown: 3%
- Over 20% of SUNY Plattsburgh’s 2021 transfer class self-identifies as being Black, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian/Native American, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander or other.