At SUNY Plattsburgh, you will learn from faculty who are leaders in their field — educators who take the time to personally mentor you and truly care about your success.
We know what a big decision choosing a college is and we are here to help you make the most of your investment.
First-Year Admissions Requirements
Below are the top factors that SUNY Plattsburgh considers in a first-year applicant, in relative order of importance.
- Strength of High School Program — We are looking for a solid, college-preparatory background. In New York state high schools, that means Regents or Common Core coursework.
- Strong Grades — Successful applicants have an academic average of “B” or better. Students with good courses, but “C+” grades may be considered as “borderline,” and therefore will need to have significant supporting factors in their profiles.
- Standardized Test Scores — SUNY Plattsburgh is now test optional. Submitting standardized test scores for admissions review is now optional if you plan to enroll in the Spring 2021, Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semester.
- One Letter of Recommendation — All applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a recommendation from a school counselor and/or teacher.
- Essay — Essays are strongly encouraged, but not required. Essays are an applicant’s opportunity to communicate to admissions in their own voice. Strive to be original, honest, and creative — tell a personal story!
Applying to the EOP program?