Jason A Pachter
Head Athletic Trainer
Adjunct Lecturer of Sport & Wellness
Jason Pachter joined SUNY Plattsburgh as the head athletic trainer in August 2001. Previous to working at SUNY Plattsburgh, Jason was the associate head athletic trainer at Franklin College, Indiana. Jason has earned his master’s degree in physical education and sports medicine from Western Michigan University in 2000. He is certified as an Athletic Trainer by the National Athletic Training Association and the State Education Department of New York. Jason is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He is AED, CPR and First Aid certified as well.
Pachter teaches classes within the fitness and wellness leadership major and coaching minor, which are within the Sport and Wellness Department. He supervises 3 other certified athletic trainers and student workers in the athletic training office. He is also the strength and conditioning coach for numerous teams within the Varsity Athletic Program.
When he is not in the athletic training room or classroom, he can be found doing various recreational activities or simply enjoying time with his family. He currently resides in Plattsburgh.
- M.A. in Physical Education with a Concentration in Sports Medicine, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Mich., 2000
- B.A. in Biology with a Concentration in Athletic Training, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, North Adams, Mass., 1998
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Physical Education with a Concentration in Athletic Training, Hudson Valley Comm. College, Troy, N.Y., 1996
- Teaching Areas
- Research Area
- Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Professional Appointments