Dr. Ilhan Demirer
Assistant Professor of Hospitality Management
Dr. Demirer earned his B.S. in Tourism and Hotel Management at Bilkent University in Turkey and his M.S. and Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas.
Before joining SUNY Plattsburgh, Dr. Demirer worked as an assistant professor in Dubai and Texas. He has held various positions in the hospitality industry and has very good experience both in front and back of the house operations. Dr. Demirer currently teaches Hospitality Financial Management, Hospitality Cost Control, and Resort Management courses.
- Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration, Texas Tech University
- M.S. in Hospitality Administration, Texas Tech University
- B.S. in Tourism and Hotel Management, Bilkent University
Teaching and Research Areas
- Hospitality Financial Management
- Hospitality Cost Control
- Hospitality Asset Management