Dr. Colin Read
Prof. Read has been teaching money and banking for thirty years and also teaches history of economic and finance thought. For the past ten years, he has served on the board of a bank and then on the board of a NASDAQ traded public holding company of a number of banks and insurance companies. He is regarded as an independent director and a financial expert.
Prof. Read received his Ph.D. in economics, with specialties in finance and urban/real estate economics, from Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. His undergraduate degree was in physics, and he has also completed an M.A. in Economics, an M.B.A., a Master’s of Taxation, and a Juris Doctor in Law.
His research is in urban and real estate economics, macroeconomics, banking, and the history of finance. He has published thirty research papers, about five hundred newspaper columns, and a dozen books. He served on the county legislature, and now serves as the mayor of the City of Plattsburgh. His favorite hobby is flying and he also spends time at the vineyard he shares with his wife in Mooers, N.Y.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Queen’s University
- J.D., University of Connecticut
- M.A. in Economics,Queen’s University
- Master of Accountancy in Taxation, University of Tulsa
- M.B.A., University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- B.S. in Physics, Simon Fraser University
- A.A.S. in Physics, Capilano College
- Money and banking
- History of economic and finance thought
- Urban and real estate economics
- History of finance