Adjunct Lecturer of Theatre
Ken Roberts, an adjunct lecturer at SUNY Plattsburgh, earned his M.F.A. in Theatre the University of Pittsburgh, his B.A. at SUNY Plattsburgh and received his inital actor training at HB Studios in New York City. As a member of AEA (Actors Equity Assoc.), SAG (Screen Actors Guild) and AFTRA (American Federation of Television and radio Artists), Ken has a long list of professional credits.
Ken hails from the upper west side of New York City. Mr. Roberts is married with three children and his interests include silent films, reading sci-fi and fantasy novels, and general rough housing with his kids.
Mr. Roberts has appeared on stage in New York City, Chicago, Illinois, Pittsburgh and points in between. His credits include off and off-off Broadway appearances at Intramedia, The Little Theatre, The Performance Garage and 8 B.C., in roles ranging from Roy in Lonestar, to Big Daddy in Sweet Charity. Ken has extensive regional theatre experience performing in Shakespeare thru the modern comedy. His favorite roles performed include Falstaff in Merry Wives of Windsor, Norman in The Boys Next Door, Aubrey Piper in The Show Off, and Tom in The Glass Menagerie. Ken has also appeared in a number of major motion pictures including The Warrior, Passed Away and Only You.
Additionally, Ken has numerous voice-overs to his credit. His favorites include performing the voice of both Dr. Octopus and Venom in the Spiderman CD-ROM games. He also enjoyed performing in Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller with Dennis Hopper. He also has industrial, documentary, and commercial narration experience.
Ken has been an adjunct lecturer in Theatre at Plattsburgh since 1999 and has enjoyed working with students interested in the craft of acting. Ken instructs all levels of talent and experience, teaching, Intro to Acting to beginners to Audition Preparation courses for the experienced Theatre major.
- M.F.A. in Theatre, University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. SUNY Plattsburgh
- H.B. Studios, New York City
- All levels of talent and experience
- Introduction to acting
- Audition preparation
- Lonestar as Roy
- Sweet Charity as Big Daddy
- Merry Wives of Windsor as Falstaff
- The Boys Next Door as Norman
- The Show Off Aubrey Piper
- The Glass Menagerie as Tom
- Off and off-off Broadway appearances at Intramedia
- Motion Pictures
- The Warrior
- Passed Away
- Only You
- Voice Overs
- Dr. Octopus and Venom, Spiderman CD-ROM games
- Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, with Dennis Hopper
- AEA (Actors Equity Assoc.)
- SAG (Screen Actors Guild)
- AFTRA (American Federation of Television and radio Artists)