Dr. Frederick Kissner
Dr. Frederick “Fritz” Kissner
Professor Emeritus of Physics
I am returning to the Physics Department after eight years on the faculty in elementary education. I am also semi-retired and teach only during the fall semester. I originally came to SUNY Plattsburgh in 1975 in the environmental science program and transferred to the Physics Department in 1984. I have degrees in mechanical and electrical engineering as well as in physics, and served as the engineering 3+2 coordinator while in the Physics Department. I hope to be involved in the 3+2 program again. I have taught a variety of physics and engineering courses during my career both at SUNY Plattsburgh and other colleges. I also have 10 years of industrial experience in various engineering capacities.
I enjoy teaching physics for both majors and non-majors, and I have resurrected a solar energy course. I am very laboratory and project-oriented, and believe in spending a lot of time with students, both academically and socially.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Connecticut 1975.
- M.S. Physics, Trinity College 1076.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, New Haven University 1965.
- Attended M.I.T., Geology & Metallurgy, 1953-55, 1958-60 no degree.
- Conceptual and general physics.
- Solar and alternative energy.
- Materials science.
- Science education.
- Solar energy.