Dr. Mikel Imaz-Irastorza
Lecturer of Spanish
Dr. Mikel Imaz-Irastorza joined the Department of Modern Languages & Cultures in the fall of 2004. His field of interest is contemporary Latin American narrative, with special emphasis in Argentina. He did his dissertation on homoerotic masculinities in contemporary Argentine narrative. He is currently in the process of publishing his dissertation.
Dr. Mikel Imaz is a lecturer of Spanish. He teaches Spanish language classes at all levels. He also teaches film and culture classes on Latin America and Spain. He is involved in the Spanish Club, organizing Spanish conversation tables and film shows in Spanish.
- Ph.D. in Spanish, Arizona State University, 2003
- B.A. in Hispanic Philology, University of Deusto, San Sebastian, 1994
- Latin American culture and film
- Spanish culture
- Spanish language
Areas of Academic Specialization
- Queer studies
- Gender studies
- Cultural studies
- Modern Language Association
- Latin American Studies Association