Dr. Ron Davis
Professor of Journalism
Ron Davis, the founder of the Journalism program, has presented more than 30 workshops for newspaper professionals and authored a book and articles for scholarly journals, newspapers and magazines. Currently he is writing a book on how to write effectively.
A former magazine editor and designer and a newspaper writing coach, he has taught newspaper, magazine, digital publishing and Web design and production courses. His degrees include a Ph.D. in English Literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and postdoctoral studies in Journalism at Syracuse University.
- Postdoctoral Studies in Journalism, Syracuse University
- Ph.D., English Literature, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A., English Literature, Mercer University
- Introduction to News Writing
- Digital Publishing
- Writing Coach for reporters at the Press-Republican newspaper in Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Editor and Co-designer, Lake Champlain Horizon magazine, 1998