Associate Professor of English
- Ph.D., University of Toronto (1998)
- M.A., Dalhousie University
- B.A., University of Alberta
- Children’s literature
- Young Adult literature
- Nineteenth-century literature
Research and Publications
- Utopian and Dystopian Writing for Children and Young Adults, essay collection co-edited with Dr. Carrie Hintz. NY: Routledge, 2003.
- “Magical Growth and Moral Lessons; or, How the Conduct Book Informed Victorian and Edwardian Children’s Fantasy”The Lion and the Unicorn 27 (January 2003): 27–56.
- “Accepting Mudbloods: the Ambivalent Social Vision of J.K. Rowling’s Fairy Tales.” in Reading Harry Potter: Critical Essays. Ed. Giselle Anatol. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2003. 89–102.
- Social Dreaming: Dickens and the Fairy Tale. NY: Routledge, 2002.
- Children’s and Young Adult literature
- Victorian literature
- Charles Dickens