- Dial the 4-digit extension.
Local/Regional Calling (within 518 area code)
- Dial 8 - number - PBN.
- Dial 8 - 1 - number (area code first) - PBN.
- Dial 8 - 1 - toll free number - PBN.
There is no charge for toll free calls. Calling cards must have a toll free number (888, 800, 877, etc.) or charges will be double billed. This is typically a problem with international calling cards.
- Dial 8 - 0 1 1 - country code - city code - number - # - PBN.
There may be a brief period of silence while the call is connecting.
- Dial 8 - 0 - area code - number - PBN.
- Wait for carrier tone and enter credit card number.
Please note that collect calls, credit card calls and person-to-person calls incur an additional surcharge which is added to toll charges.
- Dial 911. No PBN is required.
If you accidentally dial 911, stay on the line and tell the operator that it was a mistake.