Blue Light Phones
Blue light phones are placed around campus for students to use when they need assistance, personally experience an emergency or witness a crime. When activated, these phones will immediately dial University Police and an officer will be dispatched to the location.
Blue light phones are located:
- Underneath Feinberg Library, outside of the Learning Center
- Parking lot J, in front of the Myers Fine Arts Building
- Hudson Hall, corner of Beekman and Brinkerhoff St.
- Rugar Street, in front of Champlain Valley Hall
- Parking lot 7, behind Sibley Hall
- Behind Kent Hall
- Harrington/Macdonough roadway
- Field House roadway
- Kehoe, front entrance
- Macdonough Hall, next to the tennis courts
In addition to the free-standing blue light phones, all residence halls and most other buildings have courtesy phones located in the entrances. These phones are equipped with an “emergency” button, which functions in the same way as a blue light phone. All blue light phones are tested on a daily basis.