Duo Two Factor Authentication
Duo two factor authenication enables the campus to protect accounts that have access to sensitive information so, that in the case of a compromised password, an attacker would not be able to access an account because they don't have the "second factor" that is usually a device that the account owner has with them or has access to.
Duo was enforced for all Faculty/Staff in Fall of 2019.
Student enrollment begins Spring 2020.
There will be a 30 day opt-in period where students will be presented with the screen, but not forced to enroll in Duo. You will be given an option to bypass the enrollment screen. After 30 days enrollment will be required.
How does it work?
Once your account is enrolled in the Duo process, you will be required to add a "device" to Duo that is a secondary means of authentication. When you login to the central authentication system, you will be required to take action on this device. Currently, we are supporting individuals in enrolling the following devices
- Smartphones (via apps on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry)
- Cellphones (using SMS or telephone call)
- Landlines (using telephone call)
- YubiKey U2F (specialty USB device, blue version, limited quantities or personal purchase)
Best Practices for Using DUO at SUNY Plattsburgh
- Download and use the app, it works everywhere, anytime, even without cell coverage or wifi
- In case your forget your cell phone at home, generate bypass codes and store them in a secure location
- If you don't have pass codes and forget your cell phone or tablet, call the Helpdesk at 518-564-4433 to get a one-time passcode
Frequently Asked Questions