Cardinal Computer Care Services
This service provides low-cost, flexible, and comprehensive computer services for computer equipment owned by students, faculty and staff.
Computer repair you can rely on!
For $55†(per device for students) or $75‡(per device for faculty) a semester — less than most service providers charge for an hour of service — you receive expert service and support from our trained technicians, right here on campus. The CCCS plan is another way that our Computing Systems and Desktop Support staff makes your life easier and helps you get the most out of your electronic devices.
What do I get for my fee?
With the CCCS Fee:
- Operating system reloads
- Virus and spyware removal
- Laptop hardware repair (non-warranty parts are extra)
- Get a loaner laptop while yours is being repaired
- Repair/replacement of cracked screens on most laptops and on select smartphones and tablet devices
- Hardware troubleshooting, repair, and installation
- Ongoing support for software failures
- Unlimited over the phone support and troubleshooting
- Warranty support from experienced Dell, Apple, A+ and ACMT certified technicians
- Best-effort printer support
- Data backup-up and recovery
- No extra charge for labor (it’s included in the fee)
Without the CCCS Fee:
- Limited over the phone support
- Net ID account support
- Repair Expectations
- Refund Policy
- How do I sign up?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you recommend Mac or PC?
- If my computer breaks why shouldn’t I bring it to an off-campus computer repair facility?
- If my computer is not under warranty, do you sell parts to fix it?
- What happens if I pay the fee and do not use it?
- Are residence halls wireless?
- If I have more than one device, can I bring them in for service?
- If my friend paid the fee, and I did not, can they bring it down for me?
- Can I bring a gaming console or streaming device and connect to the internet in the residence halls?
- Can I bring a printer?
- If I buy a computer from the College Store, does the CCCS fee come with it?
† Student Pricing — $55 fee applies to each device utilizing the Cardinal Computer Care Services program. For example, if you have a cell phone, laptop and tablet all needing service that semester, you would pay the $55 fee per device (3 x $55 = $165).
‡ Faculty Pricing — $75 fee applies to each device utilizing the Cardinal Computer Care Services program. For example, if you have a cell phone, laptop and tablet all needing service that semester, you would pay the $75 fee per device (3 x $75 = $225). Faculty members can also purchase the Cardinal Computer Care Services program for the entire year for $150 per device.