Cardinal Computer Care Services (CCCS)
Low-cost, flexible and comprehensive services for computer equipment owned by students, faculty and staff.
Computer Repair You Can Rely On
Our goal is to make your life easier and help you get the most out of your electronic devices.
CCCS Gives You:
- Operating system reloads
- Virus and spyware removal
- Laptop hardware repair (non-warranty parts are extra)
- An option for a loaner laptop while yours is being repaired
- Repair/replacement of cracked screens on most laptops and on select smartphones and tablet devices
- Hardware troubleshooting, repair, and installation
- Ongoing support for software failures
- Expert phone support and troubleshooting
- Warranty support from experienced Dell, Apple, A+ and ACMT certified technicians
- Data backup-up and recovery
- No extra charge for labor (it’s included in the fee)
For less cost than most service providers charge for just one hour of service, we provide you with expert service and support from our trained technicians — right here on campus.
Student Pricing — $55 per device for one semester. This fee applies to each device in the CCCS program. For example, if you have a cell phone, laptop and tablet all needing service in a semester, you would pay $55 per device (3 x $55 = $165). If you purchase CCCS after the fourth week of the semester, the price is $65.
Faculty Pricing — $81 per device for one semester or $150 per device for one year. This fee applies to each device in the CCCS program. For example, if you have a cell phone, laptop and tablet all needing service in a semester, you would pay $81 per device (3 x $81 = $243).
Sign Up Today!
The fee is already included as an optional fee in your college bill. To sign up, simply leave it on your bill. If you don't wish to sign up right now, you can do so at any time during the semester by simply adding this charge to your student accounts bill. However, we encourage you to sign up before the semester starts, as the fee rate will increase to $65 after the fourth week of each semester.
Faculty and Staff (enrollment is limited)
- Login to the MyPlattsburgh portal with your campus NetID and password. Select the Employee Services tab.
- On the right, under Employee Online Services, select Cardinal Computer Care to enter our secure online payment system.
- Choose your enrollment type (one semester or a full year) and enter your personal computer make and model. Enrollment is good for one computer; however, if you have additional computers you would like us to work on, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
- Repair Expectations
- Refund Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does CCCS cover Mac or PC?
- Do you have purchase recommendations for specific brands?
- If my computer breaks why shouldn’t I bring it to an off-campus computer repair facility?
- If my computer is not under warranty, do you sell parts to fix it?
- What happens if I pay the fee and do not use it?
- If I have more than one device, can I bring them in for service?
- If my friend paid the fee, and I did not, can they bring it down for me?
- Can I bring a printer?
- If I buy a computer from the College Store, does the CCCS fee come with it?