Classrooms Overview & Directory
Nearly all classrooms on campus fall into the designation of Smart Classroom or Computer Classroom. We also offer specialized rooms and a mobile Smart Cart option in selected buildings.
Computer classrooms offer students technology-enhanced opportunities for hands-on learning. The rooms are configured exactly like Smart Classrooms, with the addition of a computer workstation for each student and at least one laser printer. All machines are connected to the Internet and the campus network.
To reserve a computer classroom, contact the Registrar’s Office.
Computer Classroom Directory:
- 103F Feinberg Library (seats 24)
- 108 Feinberg Library (seats 30)
- 129 Feinberg Library (seats 30)
- 023 Hawkins Hall (seats 17)
- 053D Hawkins Hall (seats 40)
- 153C Hawkins Hall (seats 38)
- 053B Hawkins Hall (seats 29)
- 101 Redcay Hall (seats 24)
- 308 Sibley Hall (seats 23)
- 100A Yokum Hall (seats 25)
A Smart Cart is a portable smart classroom. It’s an audio-visual cart equipped with a computer, projector for data and video, and a VCR/DVD combination unit. All Smart Carts have the same basic software setup. NOTE: If jacks are available in the classroom, the carts are configured for Internet access. Without a jack, the internet will not be available on the computers. Carts are building-based, and do not move among buildings.
To reserve a cart, please call 518-564-2222.
Carts are available in the following buildings:
- Hawkins Hall
- Hudson Hall
- Myers Fine Arts
- Redcay Hall
- Sibley Hall
- Ward Hall
Resolving technology problems
The teaching station contains an HP All-In-One or desktop computer with 19-inch LCD monitor. Other resources available are:
- Data/Video projector and projection screen
- Document Camera (on request)
- Whiteboard (most rooms)
- Windows 7/ Windows 10 (Operating System)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Malware Bytes
- Windows Media Player
- VLC Player
Room doors are secured either by lock or card swipe. If you replace your ID card, please let us know so our locks can be updated (email [email protected]). Key requests are completed by Lee Rabideau, x2222.