Interlibrary Loan Services
Interlibrary Loan lets you borrow materials from libraries beyond Feinberg.
COVID-19 Notice: Please be aware that many libraries are still not providing ILL services so your request could be cancelled.
- There is a quarantine on the receipt and delivery of library materials of 72 hours before they are processed.
- We require that all requested ILL physical materials be picked up in person; we cannot deliver these materials in any other way.
- Feinberg Library offers curbside pickup of ILL items. Email the circulation desk or fill out our convenient online form and specify that you will be picking up an ILL item.
- Feinberg Library ILL will be functioning with very limited staffing, so we greatly appreciate your patience!
Notice: For fastest delivery of books or physical items, please place your request through WorldCat.
Our Interlibrary Loan services let SUNY Plattsburgh students, staff, and faculty (including emeriti) borrow materials and copies of periodical articles that are not available at Feinberg Library. Our ILL services are not available to alumni and community guests or to those who owe library fines.
Steps to Use our Interlibrary Loan System:
- First-time users begin by setting up an Interlibrary Loan account. Use your SUNY Plattsburgh information for your local address and use your home address for the second address. You will be notified of ILL services through official campus email.
- To learn more go to the — Create Your Account Guide
IMPORTANT: Your Responsibilities in Using ILL Services
- Before submitting an ILL request, check to make sure the item you want is not available at Feinberg. Check for available books by using our library search tools. For journal articles, check here: Is a Journal Available Online?
- Always update your account whenever you experience a change of address or email address.
- When your materials arrive, we will notify you of availability for pick-up of physical materials at the 2nd-floor Service Desk. Electronic materials will be emailed to you.
- Return materials on time. The ILL system relies strongly on this personal responsibility requirement.
- Take care not to violate copyright laws. Learn more.
- Cancel any requests that you find you no longer need — this courtesy helps ILL work well for everyone. We appreciate it!
- Branch campus students and faculty — Be sure to identify yourself as a branch campus user on each request form.
Renewals may be requested only once and they are granted at the discretion of the lending library. Request renewals directly through your ILLiad account prior to the due date of the item.
- Login to your ILLiad account.
- In the Checked Out Items section, click on the Transaction Number (left column), then click on Renew Request (in red, upper left).
If you need an article photocopied from our local print or microform holdings, please complete an Interlibrary Loan form.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.