Request a Feinberg Library Session
Fall 2020 Update: Feinberg Library plans to deliver all instruction sessions in Fall 2020 via online methods. Different online methods may be appropriate for different courses. Possibilities include a synchronous Zoom session led by a librarian, a pre-recorded lecture students can watch asynchronously, one or more tutorial videos demonstrating aspects of the research process, written materials like handouts and assignments, or an online research guide written specifically for a particular class. We ask faculty to contact us at least three weeks before the desired session date to allow time to create customized session content.
- Course-specific information (with follow-up Online Research Guides and print handouts)
- Online databases and library catalogs
- Effective web searching
- Citing information
- Evaluating resources and more!
What Do I Need to Do to Request a Session?
- Submit the Feinberg Library Instruction Session Request Form.
- Submit a library instruction session request as early in the semester as possible. Instruction session requests will be accommodated on a first-come first-served basis due to limited librarian availability.
- Request the session a minimum of three weeks before the desired session date in order to allow for customized material creation.
- Send a copy of your assignment along with the request in order to assist us in tailoring the instruction to your students’ needs.
- Participate in the library instruction session. Your participation is expected, welcome and tells your students it is important.