Request a Feinberg Library Session
- Course-specific information (with follow-up online research guides and print handouts)
- Online databases and library catalogs
- Effective web searching
- Citing information
- Evaluating resources and more!
What Do I Need to Do to Request a Session?
- Submit the Feinberg Library Instruction Session Request Form.
- Submit a library instruction session request as early in the semester as possible. Instruction session requests will be accommodated on a first-come first-served basis due to limited librarian availability. Please enter three separate dates to help us accommodate your request.
- Request the session a minimum of three weeks before the desired session date in order to allow for customized material creation.
- Send a copy of your assignment along with the request in order to assist us in tailoring the instruction to your students’ needs.
- Participate in the library instruction session. Your participation is expected, welcome and tells your students it is important.
Guidelines for Instructors & Librarians
We Ask That Instructors...
- If the session is synchronous, attend the session; if not, study the library materials as you expect your students to. Your attention motivates the students to become more engaged in the learning experience being provided. Should questions arise about an assignment, your presence at these sessions provides an invaluable opportunity for students to receive clarification and direction in conducting their research.
- Thoroughly explain to students the requirements of the assignment for which the librarian is providing library instruction.
- Schedule a session to be held with a librarian after the assignment requirements have been discussed with the students, but prior to the assignment due date.
- Communicate your content expectations to the librarian well before the session.
- Encourage students’ preparedness for the session, including formulating and testing research questions and/or research strategies prior to the session and noting difficulties encountered during the research process.
- When applicable, provide the librarian prior to the session with specific examples of research difficulties students are encountering in the course of the assignment.
- Fill out the online faculty session evaluation, which will be emailed to you after the session.
- We Expect Assigned Librarians To...