Faculty Guide to Feinberg Library
Reminder: Cardinal Cloud Print-&-Release provides students, faculty, and staff with access to printing from most common computing devices, from both on and off-campus locations.
Get to Know Feinberg
- Read key periodicals like the Chronicle of Higher Education or Science
- Take an video tour of Feinberg — for new students and faculty
- Read the Feinberg Library Guidelines
- Find Your Librarian Liaison (by department): All academic departments have a librarian assigned to assist you
- Learn about Open Educational Resources
- Feinberg Library Reserves Request Form: Place books, DVDs, CDs, and other course materials on reserve for your students.
- Textbooks on Reserve Program: This program lets faculty help students ease their financial burden by working with the library to put required textbooks on reserve.
Library Instruction Services
- Request a Library Instruction Session for your class. Librarians provides hands-on library and information skills sessions customized for your students’ needs.
- Add Library Resources to Your Moodle Course. Do you want to include a link to a journal article from an online (Moodle) course site or your faculty web pages? It’s easy to do if you follow a couple of simple steps.
- Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) — overviews of services, links to the TEL workshop schedules, and contact information.
- Faculty Guide to Moodle: Integrating Library Resources — support in integrating library resources in Moodle courses, meeting your students at the point of need.
In the Library
- Learn about Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services, or use ILL now to borrow materials from other libraries.
- Schedule Exhibit Space in the Library — Complete our Exhibit Information Form to schedule an exhibit now.
- Software — list of software available in Feinberg Library and labs
- Reserve a Library Carrel — faculty carrels are located on Feinberg’s mezzanine level (above level three) and are reserved annually.
Building Feinberg Library Collections
Information for Faculty: Learn how the collection is developed and suggest a purchase for Feinberg collections. Need a book or DVD for a course? Want to recommend a new book or digital resource? Feinberg Library welcomes suggestions from faculty and staff. Suggestions may be for books, video/DVDs/music CDs/digital resources or journal subscriptions.
Not on the Plattsburgh Campus?
The first time that you follow a link to a Feinberg Library database, you will get a web form that asks you to provide a your NetID and password (Your NetID and password is the same as the one you use for your campus email account). Once you enter this information you will not have to provide it again as long as you leave your internet browser running.