Alumni, Emeriti & Community Guests Using Feinberg Library
We welcome everyone to use the resources in Feinberg Library.
Alumni, Open Access students and faculty, emeriti, and the community users are considered guests of the library.
Community users can borrow items from our General Collection, consult the books in our Reference Area, and are welcome to use our computers around the main stairway for research on the Internet and in our library databases. If you need to use a computer, please stop at one of our Second-Floor Service Desk to be logged on. Emeriti, alumni, and Open Access users have more extensive borrowing privileges.
- Schedule a Tour or Research Visit: Our trained student associates provide library tours. When appropriate, librarians may be scheduled to conduct a tour.
- Use the Library Resources
- North Country History and Special Collections
Feinberg Library Borrowing Information for Guests
For alumni, Open Access students and faculty, emeriti, and the general public.
Visitors to Feinberg Library have access to all collections and reference services. If you are interested in borrowing from our collection, you will need to purchase a Guest Borrower’s Card. Applications are available at the second-level Service Desk. You will need to show a valid form of identification (e.g., a driver’s license) when you apply.
- Guest borrowers (including alumni) - the annual fee is $25. Please note that Reference materials, periodicals, and some media and government documents do not circulate.
- Emeriti - no fee; use faculty ID
- Open Access borrowers - no fee; however, two forms of identification are required, with one being a student ID.
There is a limit of 25 items on loan at a time. The loan periods are the same as those for SUNY Plattsburgh students, as follows:
Open shelf books: 28 days (2 renewals)
- Government Documents: 28 days (2 renewals)
- Records, Compact Discs: 14 days (1 renewal)
- Videocassettes and DVDs: seven days (1 renewal)
SUNY Plattsburgh emeriti have the same loan period as faculty (90 days with two renewals).
Services for Guest Borrowers
Guest borrowers can...
- Request to be logged-on to a computer around the level-two stairway. No online accounts are established. Priority access is given to enrolled students.
- Renew materials by calling the second-level Service Desk at 518-564-5182, or visit the library in person. There are no fees for late materials; however, if materials are more than 25 days late, they will be considered lost, and a replacement cost will be charged.
Guest borrowers cannot...
- use our wireless connections
- use the services available at the first-level Service desk (Computer Lab area);
- use Interlibrary Loan services;
- check-out materials from Special Collections, as these are available to all for in-library use only. Visit Special Collections for more information.
- check out periodicals or materials placed on reserve.