Donating to the Library
Gifts to the Library
We appreciate receiving donations of library materials for the collection. Our collection has been considerably enhanced by contributions over the years.
The Library accepts all gifts without donor conditions, subject to our guidelines. We do not evaluate gifts to determine the value of the gift for tax purposes. The Library reserves the right to dispose of gifts by offering them to other institutions.
Potential donations will be carefully assessed to determine their relevance to our collections. If it is determined that the Library is not able to accept the donation, a referral will be made to other area institutions. We appreciate these donations and look forward to accepting appropriate additions to our collections.
We also encourage donations to the Plattsburgh College Foundation Library Fund; for more information, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement (518-564-2090 or [email protected]). Donations support Feinberg Library via the Plattsburgh College Foundation.
We are particularly interested in the following donations:
- any materials related to the North Country (maps, charts, photos, etc.)
- subject collections related to our curriculum
- scholarly publications, particularly those published in the last 10 years
- Plattsburgh faculty publications
- SUNY Plattsburgh archive material
Feinberg Library generally does not accept:
- magazines or journals (unless dealing with the North Country)