Canadian Studies Program
Did you know?
- Canada is the second largest country in the world but has the smallest economy among the most advanced countries in the world.
- Canada has French and English as its national languages.
- Canada, not Japan or China, is the largest single trading partner of the United States with $500 billion worth of annual trade between them.
- The U.S. is the single largest investor with many U.S. multinational corporations doing business in Canada. Canada is the fourth largest investor in the United States.
- The term “global village” was first coined some 40 years back by Marshall McLuhan, a Canadian.
- Canada calls its “native Canadians” the “First Nations."
- Canada, not the Middle East, is the largest supplier of energy to the United States.
If these points come as a little surprise to you, you should learn more about Canada, our friendly neighbor to the north.
Students can pursue a minor in Canadian studies at SUNY Plattsburgh. The Canadian studies program will give you a stronger academic focus by experiencing:
- A vibrant international atmosphere on campus
- The integration with faculty, students and staff from the U.S., Canada and from countries around the world on our campus
- An appreciation of Canada’s cultures
- Intercultural experiences in Canada
- Bilingualism and multiculturalism