Social Media & Video
Social media and video production are great ways to tell your SUNY Plattsburgh story. Let us help you with your unique messaging while maintaining proper brand standards.
Official SUNY Plattsburgh social media channels are just one tool we use to show off our beautiful campus; share our messages and stories; engage current, prospective and former students — and simply have some fun! Official social media accounts are managed by the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing. Department, office and student group pages are maintained by the individual account owners and creators.
Finding us on social media
Social Media Best Practices
We encourage departments, offices and groups to reach out to us for assistance when creating social media accounts. We can help you decide which platforms best help you achieve your specific goals, by creating properly branded profile images and with help getting the word out about your page and events to our audience.
Tips & Guidelines
Planning to shoot a video for your club or department? Pre-planning is essential for a successful video. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What is the goal of your video?
- Have you written a script or shot list?
- Have you checked your script for accuracy? (Our website is a great place to start!)
- Have you reached out to key shareholders for ideas or approval?
- Where will the video be used? Is it a short clip for social media or a longer feature for the website or YouTube?
- Are you using high-quality video or photos?
- If there is a call to action, have you confirmed that this is possible?
- Have you given yourself enough time to produce a video that will accurately and positively illustrate your message?
Once you’ve asked and answered these questions, you’re ready to begin. Refer to these guidelines to be sure your video meets brand and college standards.