Strategic Communications & Marketing
The mission of the Office of Strategic Communication and Marketing is to effectively communicate the college’s messages while enhancing the image and reputation of SUNY Plattsburgh. The office supports the Plattsburgh Next strategic plan as it aligns with with the college’s identity, mission and vision.
The goal of each image, advertisement and event is to capture and share the SUNY Plattsburgh story. Our office aims to project a consistent brand identity, report campus news, maintain strong relationships with the media and broader North Country region, recognize the achievements of students, faculty, staff and alumni, promote events that celebrate SUNY Plattsburgh, and tailor our work to each of our audiences using a variety of media.
- Coordinates student recruitment marketing, in partnership with Admissions, GEO, branch campus, Academic Affairs, and other campus stakeholders
- Provides institutional website strategy, management and updating
- Maintains consistency, accuracy and clarity for internal and external campus-wide messaging and visual identity
- Advises on web, communications, and branding for all departments on campus
- Coordinates consistency of message and approach with all campus communicators
- Monitors and responds to media and public perception
- Promotes college events and initiatives