Strategic Communications & Marketing
The Office of Strategic Communication and Marketing is the campus hub for communications, media relations, social media, digital engagement, graphic design and brand standards. Our work supports the Plattsburgh Next strategic plan as it aligns with with the college’s identity, mission and vision.
Telling the SUNY Plattsburgh Story
Our team of communication and marketing experts work to build strong partnerships with the campus and North Country communities in our mission to capture and tell the authentic SUNY Plattsburgh story.
Specifically, the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing:
- Coordinates student recruitment marketing in partnership with admissions offices, the branch campus, academic affairs and other campus stakeholders
- Provides institutional website strategy, management and updating
- Reports and promotes campus news and initiatives in print, online, and through our social media channels
- Writes compelling features that celebrate SUNY Plattsburgh and recognizes the achievements of students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Handles all media relations including press releases, crisis communications and presidential messaging
In addition, we strive to magnify the many distinct perspectives and cultures that inform our SUNY Plattsburgh story. The principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion are central and essential to our work and we commit ourselves to these principles so that we, as an office, can more faithfully support and represent all who study, live and work on our campus.
We want to help you reach your communications and marketing goals. We encourage you to explore our online resources and reach out to us for help spreading and elevating your SUNY Plattsburgh message.
Media Release Form
Please use this form if you will be sharing photos, video, or audio with the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing. Forms should be filled out when someone is prominently featured in a photo or other forms of media. Return completed forms to Hannah Downs, graphic designer.