Branding Resources & Style Guidelines
Our brand encompasses the SUNY Plattsburgh experience and uses a combination of consistent names, terms, elements, and design standards to powerfully identify our dynamic campus.
Our brand is more than a logo. It is a promise of the experience of SUNY Plattsburgh. When the entire campus community follows the same editorial and graphic standards, an integrated, consistent brand and message is created. Branded resources are available below and we encourage their use whenever possible.
Before starting a project that requires the use of the SUNY Plattsburgh brand or logo, please contact Heather Haskins.
Everything you need to create SUNY Plattsburgh-branded communications are available on Google Drive. The downloadable templates, logos and branding should not be altered unless approved by the Office of Marketing. Please contact Heather Haskins with questions regarding the templates or logos.
Valid SUNY Plattsburgh login credentials are required to access the branding resources.
Planning to shoot a video for your club or department? Pre-planning is essential for a successful video. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What is the goal of your video?
- Have you written a script or shot list?
- Have you checked your script for accuracy? (Our website is a great place to start!)
- Have you reached out to key shareholders for ideas or approval?
- Where will the video be used? Is it a short clip for social media or a longer feature for the website or YouTube?
- Are you using high-quality video or photos?
- If there is a call to action, have you confirmed that this is possible?
- Have you given yourself enough time to produce a video that will accurately and positively illustrate your message?
Once you’ve asked and answered these questions, you’re ready to begin. Refer to these guidelines to be sure your video meets brand and college standards.
Guidelines for Creating a Video Representing SUNY Plattsburgh
Questions regarding video production may be sent to Sarah Cunningham.