Administration & Finance Strategic Plan
In Fall 2017, the Division of Administration and Finance began the process of implementing a new strategic plan. Highlights of the 2018-2019 plan are detailed below.
- In Fall 2017, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Josee Larochelle identified the need for a new division-wide strategic plan.
- To gather information for this plan, a Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis was conducted in October and November 2017.
- Results of this analysis identified four strategic directions to improve the division:
- Efficiencies through technology, space utilization, and use of facilities
- Morale and Teambuilding
- Retention and Development of Current Employees
- A strategic planning retreat was held in February 2018 involving representation from all Administration and Finance Departments. At this retreat, new mission, vision, and values were crafted; teams were identified to review the four areas above; and preliminary work plans were developed.
- In March and April 2018, the teams met to finalize the work plans and begin implementation of the new goals for 2018-2019.
- Major goals of this plan include the following:
|Strategic Direction||Goal #||Goal Description||Deadline|
|Communication||1||Change name of division to Administration and Finance||6/30/18|
|2||Share and implement Strategic Plan across the Division and Campus||12/31/18|
|3||Each department will review and update their departmental web pages||12/31/18|
|4||Establish a consistent "Shared Message" across the division||12/31/18|
|5||Align major external comm. with "industry" standards & College branding||12/31/18|
|Cost Savings & Efficiencies||1||Evaluate business systems to create more efficient processes||12/31/18|
|2||Identify and evaluate all A&F internal and external forms.||12/31/18|
|3||Implement software to support budget activities and analysis||9/30/18|
|4||Develop a process for re-using &sharing tangible/physical campus resources||3/31/19|
|Morale &Teambuilding||1||Hold bi-annual division-wide meetings||6/30/19|
|2||Re-establish annual social picnic||6/30/18|
|3||Establish Admin & Finance Departmental Best Practices Award||3/31/19|
|4||Establish an Annual SERVICE Award for Employees||3/31/19|
|5||Develop and implement a Cardinal Spirit Campaign||6/1/19|
|Retention & Development||1||Develop a plan to retain & develop employees & ensure business continuity||6/30/19|
|2||Develop a formal on-boarding process for new employees||12/31/18|
|3||Support staff development with IT Training opportunities||9/30/18|