Student Liability Insurance
The State University of New York has partnered with Ironshore Indemnity, Inc. to provide student liability insurance for eligible students. The purpose of the student liability policy is to cover State University of New York enrolled students participating in a clinical or non-clinical training program at an outside facility or at SUNY facilities. In order for the clinical or non-clinical training program to be included under the policy, all of the following criteria must be met:
- The student must receive academic credit or be meeting a course or program requirement
- The training must be supervised by the training site and a faculty member
- There is an affiliation agreement in place between SUNY and the training program site
- The affiliation site must require insurance.
- The program must be approved by the company for coverage under the policy
This liability insurance policy will cover students who are named as a party of legal action arising from their participation in a program that meets the criteria described above. The policy will pay those sums that the student becomes legally obligated to pay as a result of “bodily injury” or “property damages” covered by the policy including associated legal expenses. This coverage does not indemnify the clinical/non-clinical training site, location or host entity. This policy does not insure any licensed professionals acting in that capacity.