About the Child and Youth Protection Program Committee
Under SUNY Plattsburgh’s Child and Youth Protection Policy, The Child and Youth Protection Compliance Committee is responsible for oversight of the College’s child and youth protection efforts. The committee has broad representation across academic and student affairs and is empowered to assess current efforts and make changes as necessary to ensure the safety and welfare of all children in the College’s care.
The Committee acts under the authority of the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
Who is on the Child and Youth Protection Compliance Committee?
The Child and Youth Protection Compliance Committee consists of representatives from a variety of academic and administrative offices that sponsor programs involving children or have a role in the implementation of the program.
This committee is chaired by the Director of Management Services and is compromised of the following additional members:
- Mary-Nell Bockman, Campus Auxiliary Services
- Cheryl Cole, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Sean Dermody, Administration and Finance
- Pat Egan, Psychology and Center for Neurobehavioral Health
- JoAnn Gleeson-Kreig, Provost’s Office
- Jean Ann Hunt, Teacher Education
- Patrick Keleher, University Police
- Janis Krug, Project Connect
- Brian Post, Upward Bound
- Belinda Robertson, Student Association
- Taylor Sullivan, Field House
- Karen Waterbury, Recreational Sports
What does the Child and Youth Protection Compliance Committee Do?
The Child and Youth Protection Compliance Committee meets four times a year and provides oversight to the Child and Youth Protection Program. Examples of these efforts include:
- Reviewing annual reports about the Child and Youth Protection Program.
- Discussing issues and concerns related to the health and safety of children.
- Reviewing and developing forms, policies, and procedures.
- Hearing appeals of decisions made by the Director of Management Service.