Student Work ID Card Policy
Approved by Executive Council on December 1, 2009
|Policy Number||Policy Owner|
|10012.1||Library and Information Technology Services|
Student work ID cards will clearly identify student workers from campus service areas.
2.0 Revision History
|3/17/2016||1.2||Minor Revisions||Links updated|
3.0 Units and Persons Affected
Students, Faculty, and Administrators.
- The purpose of the student worker ID is to assist departments in verifying that students entering sensitive areas are entitled to access.
- This card will be a distinct style solely used for student office workers, and will not mirror the current SUNY Plattsburgh (i.e. ISO#, Library #,) Cardinal Card. The magnetic strips on the cards will not be encoded.
- ID cards will be processed by Collage Auxiliary Services (CAS) once a completed student worker ID request form is received. The card will be mailed back to the requesting department supervisor. Student Work I.D. Card Request form (.pdf 51KB)
- The requesting department will have the responsibility for maintaining the student worker ID. ID should be provided by the department to the student as needed during each shift and collected before the end of student's shift.
- The card must be destroyed when a student leaves or is terminated from the department.
- Pictures for the card will come from current CAS database.
- The Student work ID should be displayed at all times on a lanyard or ID clip.
- Students will be required to sign the confidentiality statement for each department where they are employed (see attached). This confidentiality statement will be kept on file in the department. Student Work I.D. Confidentiality Statement (.pdf 140KB)
- Card information includes: First name (only), picture, department name, department telephone number, and department supervisor.
- Students: Must be currently enrolled at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Department Supervisor: The supervisor of students in department issuing work ID
- Supervisors are to collect student worker IDs at the end of each shift. Cards will stay in the department when the student is not working.
- Supervisors are responsible for destroying student work IDs when a student leaves employment or when they are terminated.
- Supervisors need to be sure that each student fills out the student work ID card request and signs the confidentiality statement.
- Students complete the student work ID card request and submit it to the appropriate department supervisor for approval, along with signed confidentiality statement.
- The supervisor submits the completed request form to CAS for implementation.
- The student ID card will be mailed to the supervisor for distribution and collection.