Contractor Identification Policy
Approved by Executive Council on May 3, 2016
|Policy Number||Policy Owner|
The purpose of this policy is to articulate the College’s expectation that all contractors providing covered services on College property shall be identifiable by wearing photo identification at all times.
2.0 Revision History
3.0 Units and Persons Affected
All contractors, subcontractors, and associated officers, employees, and agents.
All contractors are expected to wear photo identification (“badge”) while performing covered services on campus. The badge will furnish background information, including but not limited to, the following (See Section 8.0 for an example):
- Employee photograph,
- employee name,
- company name,
- company phone number,
- project location, and
- campus authorizing official.
The badge shall be laminated in clear plastic, must be legible, and must be visibly displayed while entering campus or performing work on campus property. Deviations from this expected standard must be approved by the appropriate Authorized Official.
Failure to display such identification in the manner prescribed may result in the workers non-admittance to the work area or immediate removal from College property. All contractors and their employees are expected to present their identification if requested by any college or university-affiliated organization employee, volunteer, or student.
Contractors, at their own expense, are responsible for issuing the identification and ensuring that their employees, including the employees of any subcontractors, comply with this policy.
Where reasonably feasible, all contracts issued on behalf of the College or university-affiliated organizations for covered services shall include the following clause or its equivalent:
Contractor, at its sole cost, is required to issue to all of its officers, employees, and agents (“employees”) operating on College Property a photo identification and ensure that all employees visibly display the identification at all times while on campus. In addition, contractor is responsible for ensuring that all of its subcontractors operating on College property comply with this policy. The photo identification shall include the following: employee photograph, employee name, company name, company phone number, trade, project location and campus authorizing official.
- Authorized Official: Any employee of the College or a University-affiliated organization who is serving as the Authority Having Jurisdiction, (AHJ) or responsible party for overseeing the work done by the contractor. In most instances, the Authorized Official will be the primary institutional contact for the contractor.
- Contractor: A person or entity who, as part of an independent business, provides Covered Services to the College or a University-affiliated organization pursuant to a contractual relationship with the college whether directly or indirectly as a subcontractor.
- Covered Services: Any service that involves construction, renovation, maintenance, or installation that affects main campus properties or facilities.
- University-Affiliated Organizations: College Auxiliary Services, Plattsburgh Alumni Association, Plattsburgh College Foundation, and the Research Foundation for the State University of NY.
- Authorized Official: Responsible for conveying this requirement to contractors and for approving any badge deviations and addressing compliance of this policy.
- Contractor: Responsible for issuing approved photo identification and ensuring that all of its employees or subcontractors comply with the policy.
- Contractor Employees: Responsible for visibly displaying photo identification at all times while on campus to perform covered services. Responsible for providing photo identification in the event that it is requested by an Authorized Official, college or university-affiliated employee, volunteer or student.