Access to Legal Counsel Policy
Approved by Executive Council on October 7, 2014
This policy designates those individuals who are authorized by the College to contact the SUNY Office of General Counsel for legal advice.
2.0 Revision History
3.0 Units and Persons Affected
The State University of New York Office of General Counsel (OGC) serves as a resource to provide legal advice to SUNY Plattsburgh. In order to facilitate efficient communication and ensure confidentiality, the President has designated the Assistant to the Vice President (VP) for Administration as the primary liaison to OGC. All issues requiring legal advice should be forwarded to the Assistant to the VP for Administration except in those circumstances where pre-existing procedures dictate otherwise, in highly sensitive matters, or when the issue would be more efficiently conducted by another authorized individual.
The following officers are also authorized to contact OGC:
- Chief of Staff
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Vice President for Administration
- Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dean of Library & Information Technology Sciences
- Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences
- Dean of the School of Business &Economics
- Dean of the School of Education, Health & Human Services
- Assistant Vice President for Human Resource Services
- Assistant Provost
- Director of Purchasing
- Director of Student Conduct
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Title IX Coordinator
- Chief of University Police
The President or Vice Presidents may also authorize another individual to contact Legal Counsel directly to deal with specific issues or incidents.