Access to Legal Counsel Policy
Outlines the primary liaison to the Office of General Counsel.
|Policy Number||Policy Owner|
- 1.0 Purpose
- 2.0 Revision History
- 3.0 Units and Persons Affected
The State University of New York Office of General Counsel (OGC) serves as a resource to provide legal advice to SUNY Plattsburgh. In order to facilitate efficient communication and ensure confidentiality, the President has designated the Assistant Vice President (VP) for Administration and Finance as the primary liaison to OGC. All issues requiring legal advice should be forwarded to the Assistant VP for Administration and Finance except in those circumstances where pre-existing procedures dictate otherwise, in highly sensitive matters, or when the issue would be more efficiently conducted by another authorized individual.
The following officers are also authorized to contact OGC:
- Chief of Staff
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dean of Library & Information Technology Sciences
- Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences
- Dean of the School of Business &Economics
- Dean of the School of Education, Health & Human Services
- Assistant Vice President for Human Resource Services
- Assistant Provost
- Director of Purchasing
- Director of Student Conduct
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Title IX Coordinator
- Chief of University Police
The President or Vice Presidents may also authorize another individual to contact Legal Counsel directly to deal with specific issues or incidents.
- 5.0 Definitions
- 6.0 Responsibilities
- 7.0 Procedures
- 8.0 Forms
- 9.0 Appendix
- 10.0 Distribution and Training
For additional information about this policy, please contact the Policy Owner listed above.