Cellular Telephone Program Policy
Outlines the campus' cellular telephone program to those that meet the basic eligibility criteria.
|Policy Number||Policy Owner|
|3000.2.P||Library and Information Technology Services|
- 1.0 Purpose
- 2.0 Revision History
- 3.0 Units and Persons Affected
SUNY Plattsburgh’s cellular telephone program is designed to assist departments in delivering critical services. To participate in the cellular telephone program departments must meet the basic eligibility criteria:
- Cell phone use is required for critical day-to-day business decisions;
- Cell phone use is required to maintain critical or core services/programs;
- No other communication solutions (e.g., two-way radios or pagers) are sufficient to fulfilling job requirements.
- Departments must have funding within their accounts (funding source may be state or IFR accounts, although IFR is preferred) to pay for the contracted cellular service and,
- Individual cell phone users must be a SUNY Plattsburgh or Research Foundation employee.
- 5.0 Definitions
- 6.0 Responsibilities
- 7.0 Procedures
- 8.0 Forms
- 9.0 Appendix
- 10.0 Distribution and Training
For additional information about this policy, please contact the Policy Owner listed above.