Information for Vendors
Learn more about the general purchasing practices when working with our campus.
Let's Do Business
Each year, SUNY Plattsburgh spends $15 million to procure goods and services necessary to support our educational mission.
As a state agency, SUNY Plattsburgh is required to comply with all New York state laws related to the purchasing, procurement and servicing of any materials, supplies, equipment, services and construction. These laws are designed to:
- Ensure fair and open competition;
- Guard against favoritism, improvidence, extravagance, fraud and corruption;
- Ensure that the results meet agency needs;
- Provide for checks and balances to regulate and oversee agency procurement activities; and
- Protect the interests of the state and its taxpayers
SUNY Plattsburgh greatly values the relationships that we establish and the support that we receive from our contracted business partners. We encourage prospective vendors to contact the purchasing department to:
- Share information about your business;
- Be placed on our vendor list; and
- Discuss how your company might meet our needs.
Resources for Vendors
The links below provide a number of resources and information for vendors Interested in doing business with the college:
- SUNY Means Business
- How to do Business with New York State
- NYS Office of the State Comptroller Vendor Information
- SUNY Procurement Policy
- SUNY Rules and Regulations for Purchasing and Contracting
- NYS Vendor Guidelines & List of Services Purchased
- NYS Contract Reporter (bidding calendar, registration, etc.)
- NYS Vendor Responsibility
- SUNY Procurement Lobbying Policy
- NYS Procurement Lobbying Law
- Project Sunlight (Public Integrity Reform Act of 2011)
Purchasing & Payment Procedures
The information shared below provides guidance on our purchasing and payment procedures. We strongly encourage all vendors to review these carefully as compliance with these procedures will facilitate prompt and timely payment.