A reporting tool that allows users to view account and transaction details.
Users are encouraged to attend the Business Intelligence (BI) Finance Lab Sessions hosted monthly by Budget and Financial Reporting Services.
Representatives from budget and financial reporting, purchasing services and accounts payable will be on hand to help answer any expenditure related BI questions.
Each session gives each campus user the opportunity to ask specific BI questions and learn how to monitor your departmental budgets and expenditures with ease.
View Future Training Modules on the A&F Calendar
Frequently Asked Questions About BI Training Modules
BI Financial Basics
In addition to the on-campus training modules, SUNY hosted a BI Financial Basics Dashboard Training. This training and the corresponding Q&A are available below.
Watch the BI Financials Basics Training
Frequently Asked Questions About BI Basic Dashboards Training
- Can I open two accounts as once?
- Is the system "smart" that it will only let you request an account summary of an account that you have access to?
- What does it mean when there is nothing in the percentage view and all of my circle icons are red?
- Why do I only have "Account Summary" and "IFR" as available dashboards?
- Can you include more than one column at a time?
- Why does my detailed only bring up payroll even though I didn't click on the payroll?
- Is it possible to save customizations after drilling down, such as if you're in Account Summary and click on OTPS Expenditure Total?
- How can we get "Analyze" option added?
- Is it possible to get the vendor names and PO #s, check #s on the Cash Flow Monthly dashboard under disbursements tab? Similar to the OTPS details from the Summary Tab?
- How can can I generate a payroll register detail?
- Is there a way to freeze panes for column titles, or a way to reduce rows to just the ones you want to see?
- Can you put in a specific amount?
- Can you put in a research number? Are Research Foundation accounts reported here?
- Why does it delete your query items? When I entered the date, then went to another field to enter something else and it deleted the date.
- Is viewing Transactions Inquiry the same as viewing Document Detail from the Account Summary?
- How do I search for a vendor and see if the invoice is paid when I do not have a PO number?
- Is there something that shows if payment was sent to home address or if it went to department or if it was direct deposit?
- Do P-Card purchases show individual vendors and transactions?
- Can you add the account # description?
- What is the expected lag time between when a transaction with a vendor is made and when the charges show up in BI? Is BI updated every so often, like every two weeks, once a month, etc.?