Notice of Nondiscrimination for HIPAA-Covered Units
Discrimination Is Against the Law
SUNY College at Plattsburgh complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. SUNY Plattsburgh does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age disability or sex.
SUNY Plattsburgh provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreter
- Written information in other formats (e.g., large font, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters and information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Assistant Director of Management Services Anika Fullum at 518-564-2538.
If you believe that SUNY Plattsburgh has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Phone: 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Please visit SUNY Plattsburgh’s Notice of Nondiscrimination as it pertains to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972}
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
- New York State Human Rights Act
- SUNY Board of Trustees