What We Do
Accounting Services is responsible for maintaining a current and accurate accounting system in compliance with accounting standards and procedural requirements.
We provide persons administering State purpose accounts, Income Fund reimbursable accounts, S.U.T.R.A. and Dormitory accounts with reference sources for processes and procedures associated with those funds.
- Revenue and Cash Management
- Internal Control
- IFR/Fee Approval Requests
- General Accounting
FY 2018–19 Year End Close-out Procedures
In anticipation of the end of the fiscal year on June 30, Campus Account Owners (e.g. State, Dorm, IFR, or SUTRA), should take the following steps:
- Review the FY 2018–19 deadlines for submission of purchase requisitions and related documentation.
- Anticipate your purchasing needs through the end of the fiscal year. Be sure to submit them by the deadlines.
- Review all current open purchase orders, requisitions and contracts to determine:
- if they are still needed
- if vendor follow-up is required for an invoice or delivery status of goods/services
- Remit outstanding invoices to Accounts Payable upon receipt and approval.
- Prepare your own departmental open encumbrance report, using BI (Business Intelligence).
- Follow our step-by-step instructions to create a “customization” report that you can run again at any time.
- Notify Purchasing to reduce outstanding encumbrances to zero once all invoices are paid.
Finally, as you review your anticipated year-end purchases, please consider purchasing necessary items only. Any unspent state funds will be returned to the College’s cash reserves to assist with future priority needs of the campus.
Need more help? See our list of who to contact for fiscal year close-out procedures.
Note: These documents require the latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- SMRT-SUNY Management Reporting Tool (Replaces ABB Application). SMRT is a web-based application designed for account managers. It allows access to view account status, allocations, expenditures encumbrances and balances and the detail associated with each specific area. The new design also allows managers to view their accounts in an “all-funds” format. The SMRT manual instructs users how to navigate the application. Download the SMRT Training Manual (PDF file size 1.79MB)