Procurement Card Monthly Review and Audit Process
In an effort to ensure compliance with all Procurement Card policies and procedures, the Accounts Payable Office conducts monthly reviews of selected P-Card transactions. The review is designed to ensure compliance, identify potential non-compliance, and assist users with processing and purchasing improvements.
Selected Areas for Review
- Cardholder/Reconciler Sign off: Cardholders/reconcilers must sign off on all P-Card transactions (AEPC)
- Approver Sign-off: Approvers must sign off on all P-Card transactions within each billing cycle, either manually or electronically
- Use of P-Card for a Restricted Purchase or transaction limits
- Transaction limits: Use of the P-Card for split ordering to circumvent the transaction limit is not permitted.
Reviews are conducted immediately following the month end statement closing (i.e. when the campus-wide procurement card payment is completed).
Information and Documentation Required
Accounts Payable will request the following information and/or documentation for each transaction reviewed. The request will be accommodated via email:
- Original request for items or service, for example in some departments an internal authorization to expedite purchase form is completed and forwarded to the departmental cardholder for ordering
- Justification for Purchase
- Original Receipt
- Proof of transaction approval (Example: Departmental manager indicates transaction approval by signing or initialing the invoice OR by electronically completing the Departmental Managers Certification.)
Certification Directions and Quick Reference
- Printable guide on documentation needed and how to certify transactions in AEPC.
- Amazon Tax Exempt Form
Accounts Payable will typically select individual transactions, but randomly will select an entire month of activity for review.