Director of Programs (Center for Neurobehavioral Health)
Employment opportunities offered by the Research Foundation for SUNY are separate and distinct from SUNY and State University of New York employment. As a result, position terms and conditions, compensation and benefits offered by the Research Foundation are different from State employment. Contact the Research Foundation Human Resources office at SUNY Plattsburgh with questions concerning employment and benefits offered.
If an applicant cannot complete the application process to respond to a notice of job vacancy due to a disability or other concern, please contact the Research Foundation Human Resources Office at SUNY Plattsburgh: 518-564-2132.
The Center for Neurobehavioral Health (Center) at the State University of New York, College at Plattsburgh works with the New York State Department of Health, New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, and Clinton and Franklin County Office for Aging to provide a variety of programs to the local community including Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD), Social Adult Day Services (SADS), Structured Day Program (SDP), and Day Habilitation Services (DH).
The Center is currently seeking qualified applicants for Director of Programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position plays a critical role in supervising the day-to-day operations of the Center’s day programs.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations of Center Day programs.
- Ensures policies and procedures for Center programs are consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
- Updates and revises Center program policy and procedures according to changes in regulatory agency requirements.
- Provides guidance, and support to Center Day program staff to include but not limited to: meeting regulatory agency requirements, service plan development and implementation, and positive behavioral approaches while serving the various populations served by the programs.
- Develops training materials that are consistent with regulatory requirements, provides on-boarding and annual trainings to Center program staff including student interns, program volunteers, and others involved in Center programming.
- Maintains and organizes training records, and communicates with program managers in regard to training due dates, annual physicals, CPR/First Aid Certifications, PPD, etc.
- Ensures participant files are maintained in accordance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Provides ongoing supervision and support to program managers and program staff, and facilitates weekly management team meetings.
- Reviews Center program billing documentation, ensures that all billing requirements are met for billable services, and provides feedback to Center program managers and staff about any issues or concerns regarding billing and daily documentation.
- Provides guidance and support to Center program managers and staff pertaining to serious reportable incidents, participates in investigations when needed, participates as incident management coordinator for Center programs, and is a member of the Incident Review Committee.
- Participates in all Center program audits to include compliance and quality assurance (e.g., OPWDD, TBI/NHTD, SADS etc.). Provides Center program managers with feedback about the outcome of program audits and quality assurance interviews, and ensures corrective actions are instituted when needed.
- Provides Center program managers with annual program surveys to distribute to participants, compiles the completed survey responses, analyzes annual program survey data, and provides program managers with feedback regarding the findings of the program surveys.
- Ensures that all fire evacuation/emergency procedures are reviewed quarterly, ensures that day programs conduct monthly fire drills, and ensures that these records pertaining to fire evacuation/emergency procedures are accurate and maintained by Center program managers.
- Coordinates and participates in hiring of Center program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years related experience including at least two years in a supervisor role
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective systems
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience utilizing electronic billing systems
- Familiarity with applicable laws and regulations and ability to translate into compliant practice.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree in related field
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and excellent benefits.
For full consideration, please submit application materials by Sept. 13, 2019.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications begins immediately. Qualified candidates may be retained in a pool for future vacancies. Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 current professional references.
Submit materials to:
Research Foundation for SUNY
101 Broad Street
260 BMT Hall
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Email: [email protected]