Administration and Finance Divisional Events
Stay connected with Administration & Finance by subscribing to our event calendar and submitting division events.
Calendar and Information on Current and Past Events
Administration & Finance Divisional Calendar
See more or less events by clicking the Week, Month, or Agenda tabs.
2019 Summer Retreat & Picnic
Thursday June 6, 2019 at 11am at Hawkins Pond. (Rain Location: Warren Ballroom)
Business Intelligence- Lab Sessions-2019
- Jan. 25
- Feb. 22
- March 29
- April 26
- May 31
Location: Hawkins 153C
Time: 9-10 a.m.
Budget and Financial Reporting Services will be hosting monthly Business Intelligence (BI) Finance Lab Sessions. BI is our campus’s financial reporting tool used to view and monitor your departmental budgets and related expenditures. Along with Budget and Financial Reporting Services, Nancy Bennett from Purchasing and Avis Foster from Accounts Payable will be at each lab session to help answer any expenditure related BI questions. Each session gives each campus user the opportunity to ask specific BI questions and learn how to monitor your departmental budgets and expenditures with ease.
Please email Sherri LaValley to reserve your spot! When you reserve your spot we will work with you to ensure you have the appropriate access to BI.
Spring Division Meeting
On March 7, 2019, two meetings were held and we shared important upcoming divisional events and initiatives, provided an update on major capital and construction projects, and shared information on the achievements from our 2018-2019 Strategic Plan. If you were unable to attend, we encourage you to review the presentation to learn more.
Strategic Planning Session
Date: Jan. 24, 2019
Location: Alumni Conference Room
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Members of the Strategic Planning Team will gather to discuss our current plan's progress and achievements. Members will also discuss whether to create new and build upon current strategic directions.
During Fall 2018 two divisional meetings were held to share accomplishments and other news. Those unable to attend are encouraged to view the presentation.
- ACCOMPLISHMENT # 1: We have developed our first new strategic plan in nearly 20 years, including new mission, vision, and values. Cross-functional teams
are working on implementing the 18 goals and 92 action steps across the following
four strategic areas of focus:
- Cost Savings and Efficiencies
- Team Building and Morale
- Retention and Development of Current Employee
- ACCOMPLISHMENT # 2: Progress continues on achieving the goals outlined in the College’s Financial Stability Plan. Key updates include:
- Fiscal Year 2017/18 billed tuition revenue exceeded budget by over $1 million.
- Fiscal Year 2017/18 total campus spending was $6.1M less than budgeted.
- Permanent expenditure reductions of $1.7M in fiscal year 2018/19 were achieved.
- The targeted permanent expenditure reductions for FY19/20, 20/21, & 21/22 are $1.4M, $600,000, & $450,000 respectively.
- ACCOMPLISHMENT # 3: The campus has developed a five-year capital project plan to improve institutional
planning, resource allocation, and inform project priorities and continued to make
progress on important construction projects to improve our facilities and better serve
the needs of our campus community. While a full list of projects can be found on our
construction project website, a few highlights include:
- Angell College Multicultural Unity Center
- Angell College Center Bathrooms
- Macomb Hall Renovation
- Memorial Hall Renovation
- Sibley Hall Roof
- Butterfly Blaise and Zyaijah Nadler of the College’s Title IX Office conducted a training on recognizing implicit bias and its importance for creating a diverse community that embraces inclusion. This training was part of the College’s Campus Climate Action Planand intended to encourage employees to reflect upon their own understandings of these topics as we seek to create an environmental more welcoming to all people. The Title IX Office has provided us with additional resources about this topic for your review.
2018 Summer Retreat & Picnic
On Aug. 10, members from across our division gathered to learn about our strategic initiatives, get to know colleagues within the division, and have some fun at the same time. The Retreat Committee is already hard at work to make 2019 just as memorable!
Guidelines for Event Submissions
Want to feature your A&F Event?