Administration & Finance Divisional Events
Stay connected with administration and finance by subscribing to our event calendar and submitting division events.
If planning an upcoming event, visit the events and gatherings section of the A&F COVID-19 informational page to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Administration & Finance Divisional Calendar
See more or less events by selecting either 'list' or 'month below.
The Summer Retreat Returns
Friday, June 11, 2021 at 11 a.m. at Hawkins Pond. (Rain Location: Warren Ballroom)
Nov 13. 2020 — VP Larochelle and other members of A&F leadership presented updates and upcoming events. The highlight of the meeting was the presentation of the 2020 Excellence in Service awards. The recipients were:
- Excellence in Unclassified Service — Christopher Akey
- Excellence in Classified Service — Jenna Beauregard
- Excellence in Team Service — Janitorial Service
New for 2020, VP Larochelle presented awards for Special Commendation for Leadership during the COVID-19 Pandemic to Sarah Reyell, Sean Dermody, and William Circelli.
The Retention and Staff Development Strategic Planning team is pleased to offer Diversity/Empathy sessions by Michelle Cromwell, VP of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer, as part of our customer service and skills training initiatives. All employees are expected to attend as we strive to increase cultural awareness and promote positive attitudes between ourselves and our students, and each other.
- Tuesday 1/14, 7:30 a.m. — 9 a.m. Cardinal Lounge (ACC)
- Tuesday 1/14, 10 a.m. — 11:30 a.m. Cardinal Lounge (ACC)
- Tuesday 1/14, 1 p.m. — 2:30 p.m. Cardinal Lounge (ACC)
- Wednesday 1/15, 10 a.m. — 11:30 a.m. Cardinal Lounge (ACC)
- Wednesday 1/15, 3:30 p.m. — 5 p.m. Hermes Conference Room (AuSable Hall)
- Wednesday 1/15, 5 p.m. — 6:30 p.m. Hermes Conference Room (AuSable Hall)
- Thursday 1/16, 3:30 p.m. — 5 p.m. Hermes Conference Room (AuSable Hall)
- Thursday 1/16, 5 p.m. — 6:30 p.m. Hermes Conference Room (AuSable Hall)
- Friday 1/17, 1 p.m. — 2:30 p.m. Cardinal Lounge (ACC)
2020 Business Intelligence (BI) Finance Lab Sessions
The Budget and Financial Reporting Services Office hosted monthly Business Intelligence Finance Lab Sessions. Business Intelligence (BI) is our campus’s financial reporting tool used to view and monitor your departmental budgets and related expenditures. Along with the Budget and Financial Reporting Services Office, Nancy Bennett from purchasing and Avis Foster from Accounts Payable were at each lab session to help answer any expenditure related BI questions. Each session gave campus users the opportunity to ask specific BI questions and learn how to monitor departmental budgets and expenditures with ease.
Sessions were held in Hawkins 153C from 9 – 10 a.m. on the following dates:
- Nov 15
- Dec 6
- Jan 10
- Mar 13
- Apr 10
- May 8
- June 12
Fall Division Meeting
Compared to the past meetings, these upcoming meetings will be shortened to one hour. They will include an update on the financial stability plan and construction projects. A detailed agenda will be disseminated in advance before the meeting, so please be on the lookout in your emails for this. The agenda and content is the same for both meetings listed above, so it is only necessary for you to attend one of the two sessions.
When: Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Where: Angell College Center — Cardinal Lounge
When: Thursday, Oct. 10 at 2:30 — 3:30 p.m.
Where: Angell College Center — Cardinal Lounge
2019 Summer Retreat & Picnic
Thursday June 6, 2019 at 11 a.m. at Hawkins Pond. (Rain Location: Warren Ballroom)
Business Intelligence Lab Sessions 2019
- Jan. 25
- Feb. 22
- March 29
- April 26
- May 31
Location: Hawkins 153C
Time: 9 – 10 a.m.
Budget and Financial Reporting Services will be hosting monthly Business Intelligence (BI) Finance Lab Sessions. BI is our campus’s financial reporting tool used to view and monitor your departmental budgets and related expenditures. Along with Budget and Financial Reporting Services, Nancy Bennett from purchasing and Avis Foster from accounts payable will be at each lab session to help answer any expenditure related BI questions. Each session gives each campus user the opportunity to ask specific BI questions and learn how to monitor your departmental budgets and expenditures with ease.
Please email Sherri LaValley to reserve your spot! When you reserve your spot we will work with you to ensure you have the appropriate access to BI.
Spring Division Meeting
On March 7, 2019, two meetings were held and we shared important upcoming divisional events and initiatives, provided an update on major capital and construction projects, and shared information on the achievements from our 2018-2019 Strategic Plan. If you were unable to attend, we encourage you to review the presentation to learn more.
Strategic Planning Session
Date: Jan. 24, 2019
Location: Alumni Conference Room
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Members of the Strategic Planning Team will gather to discuss our current plan's progress and achievements. Members will also discuss whether to create new and build upon current strategic directions.
During Fall 2018 two divisional meetings were held to share accomplishments and other news. Those unable to attend are encouraged to view the presentation.
- ACCOMPLISHMENT # 1: We have developed our first new strategic plan in nearly 20 years, including new mission, vision, and values. Cross-functional teams
are working on implementing the 18 goals and 92 action steps across the following
four strategic areas of focus:
- Cost Savings and Efficiencies
- Team Building and Morale
- Retention and Development of Current Employee
- ACCOMPLISHMENT # 2: Progress continues on achieving the goals outlined in the College’s Financial Stability Plan. Key updates include:
- Fiscal Year 2017/18 billed tuition revenue exceeded budget by over $1 million.
- Fiscal Year 2017/18 total campus spending was $6.1M less than budgeted.
- Permanent expenditure reductions of $1.7M in fiscal year 2018/19 were achieved.
- The targeted permanent expenditure reductions for FY19/20, 20/21, & 21/22 are $1.4M, $600,000, & $450,000 respectively.
- ACCOMPLISHMENT # 3: The campus has developed a five-year capital project plan to improve institutional
planning, resource allocation, and inform project priorities and continued to make
progress on important construction projects to improve our facilities and better serve
the needs of our campus community. While a full list of projects can be found on our
construction project website, a few highlights include:
- Angell College Multicultural Unity Center
- Angell College Center Bathrooms
- Macomb Hall Renovation
- Memorial Hall Renovation
- Sibley Hall Roof
- Butterfly Blaise Boire and Zyaijah Nadler of the College’s Title IX Office conducted a training on recognizing implicit bias and its importance for creating a diverse community that embraces inclusion. This training was part of the College’sCampus Climate Action Plan and intended to encourage employees to reflect upon their own understandings of these topics as we seek to create an environmental more welcoming to all people. The Title IX Office has provided us with additional resources about this topic for your review.
2018 Summer Retreat & Picnic
On Aug. 10, members from across our division gathered to learn about our strategic initiatives, get to know colleagues within the division, and have some fun at the same time. The Retreat Committee is already hard at work to make 2019 just as memorable!
Guidelines for Event Submissions
Want to feature your A&F event?