Sponsored Research Job Openings
Title: Director of Programs – Center for Neurobehavioral Health
Search Number: RF-419
Department: Center for Neurobehavioral Health, Psychology
Position Summary: The Center for Neurobehavioral Health (Center) at the State University of New York, College at Plattsburgh works with the New York State Department of Health, New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, and Clinton and Franklin County Office for Aging to provide a variety of programs to the local community including Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD), Social Adult Day Services (SADS), Structured Day Program (SDP), and Day Habilitation Services (DH). The Center is currently seeking qualified applicants for Director of Programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position plays a critical role in supervising the day-to-day operations of the Center’s day programs. This position requires periodic travel to offsite locations.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily operations of Center Day programs.
- Ensures policies and procedures for Center programs are consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
- Updates and revises Center program policy and procedures according to changes in regulatory agency requirements.
- Provides guidance, and support to Center Day program staff to include but not limited to: meeting regulatory agency requirements, service plan development and implementation, and positive behavioral approaches while serving the various populations served by the programs.
- Develops training materials that are consistent with regulatory requirements, provides on-boarding and annual trainings to Center program staff including student interns, program volunteers, and others involved in Center programming.
- Maintains and organizes training records, and communicates with program managers in regard to training due dates, annual physicals, CPR/First Aid Certifications, PPD, etc.
- Ensures participant files are maintained in accordance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Provides ongoing supervision and support to program managers and program staff, and facilitates weekly management team meetings.
- Reviews Center program billing documentation, ensures that all billing requirements are met for billable services, and provides feedback to Center program managers and staff about any issues or concerns regarding billing and daily documentation.
- Provides guidance and support to Center program managers and staff pertaining to serious reportable incidents, participates in investigations when needed, participates as incident management coordinator for Center programs, and is a member of the Incident Review Committee.
- Participates in all Center program audits to include compliance and quality assurance (e.g., OPWDD, TBI/NHTD, SADS etc.). Provides Center program managers with feedback about the outcome of program audits and quality assurance interviews, and ensures corrective actions are instituted when needed.
- Provides Center program managers with annual program surveys to distribute to participants, compiles the completed survey responses, analyzes annual program survey data, and provides program managers with feedback regarding the findings of the program surveys.
- Ensures that all fire evacuation/emergency procedures are reviewed quarterly, ensures that day programs conduct monthly fire drills, and ensures that these records pertaining to fire evacuation/emergency procedures are accurate and maintained by Center program managers.
- Coordinates and participates in hiring of Center program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years related experience including at least two years in a supervisor role.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective systems.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience utilizing electronic billing systems
- Familiarity with applicable laws and regulations and ability to translate into compliant practice.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Master’s degree in related field.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and excellent benefits.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To receive full consideration, supply all requested documents by: April 15, 2018
Special Instructions to Applicants: Review of applications begins immediately. Qualified candidates may be retained in a pool for future vacancies. Please submit cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for 3 current references. Official transcripts from an accredited institution will be required prior to employment.
Submit materials to:
Research Foundation for SUNY
101 Broad Street
260 BMT Hall
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Email: [email protected]
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
No current openings. Please check back.