LITS Student Advisory Committee
The LITS Student Advisory Committee establishes a direct line of communication between SUNY Plattsburgh students and LITS administration. This committee provides a means to discuss, discover, and respond to student needs, and has the following objectives:
- to serve as a sounding board for LITS policies, programs, and services
- to identify student issues, interests, and opinions
- to provide advice on the Educational Technology Fee
- to advise and assist in designing and implementing new student services
- to ensure effective channels of communication between students and LITS
LITS provides services, programs, and learning spaces to meet the educational needs of SUNY Plattsburgh students; examples include…
- Reference services
- Computer support
- Banner, MyPlattsburgh, Degree Works, Moodle
- Books and journals (electronic and virtual)
- Interlibrary Loan
- Computer labs and classrooms
The committee meetings are scheduled based on student-member availability.
Information Technology Advisory Council (ITAC)
ITAC’s purpose is to provide input on all campus applications and systems that support instruction, research, and administration. In particular, ITAC will…
- Develop a campus-wide vision of technology for the campus
- Participate in campus strategic planning for information technology
- Review, recommend, and discuss campus-wide policy relating to information technology
- Review and advise on major information technology initiatives
- Provide a campus forum to discuss information technology issues
- Provide information to the campus community regarding information technology initiatives
- Serve as an Advisory Council to the Dean of Library & Information Technology Services
Teaching, Learning, and Technology Advisory Group (TLTAG)
The primary role of this group is to advise the President and the Dean of Library & Information Technology Services on the use of technology that directly affects all aspects of the teaching and learning mission of SUNY Plattsburgh.
To this end, the group may review and recommend campus policy related to the use of education technology; explore, evaluate and recommend new educational technologies for adoption by the campus community; provide input to strategic planning in the area of educational technology; and serve as a communication link to the teaching faculty on issues of educational technology.
The chair of TLTAG serves as a member of ITAC.
Information Security Oversight Committee (ISOC)
SUNY Plattsburgh charges and authorizes its management to maintain an effective, comprehensive information security program in accordance with state and federal law, international standards, and standards of the University System.
The ISOC seeks to understand the college’s information security risk and the program and the University System’s information security standards. It also seeks to…
- present professional, legally sound and timely advice to executive management regarding appropriate action;
- ensure the program is exposed to outside, professional perspective, especially that of the University System’s Office of Information Security; and
- collaborate with key managers of the major business functions of the college to maintain the program with comprehensive scope.