Library & Information Technology Services
Library and Information Technology Services provides leadership and support in areas of information technology, library services, and online learning resources on campus.
Resources for Teaching and Learning
We inform, educate, and support all aspects of the educational mission of SUNY Plattsburgh. We believe that diversity contributes to student success.
Our programs, services, and policies strive to be responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, and the community.
A major component of Academic Affairs, LITS administers the library, provides for campus technology needs inside and outside of the classroom, handles administrative computing, and manages network infrastructure. The LITS Dean’s Office is located in Feinberg Library.
Units within LITS
- Classroom and Customer Support Services — satellite and cable communication, A/V equipment, multimedia/media-equipped or computer-based labs, classrooms, and facilities
- Collection Development and Delivery (Feinberg Library)
- Computer Information Systems — Banner, programming requests, systems management, test scanning/scoring
- Computing Systems and Desktop Support — Helpdesk, Cardinal Computer Care Services (CCCS), desktop computers, servers
- Instruction and Reference Services (Feinberg Library)
- Network Operations — services for the residence halls and across campus, including wireless services
- Technology-Enhanced Learning — workshops, the campus learning management system (Moodle), faculty and research servers, Instructional Technology Resource Center, and Online Learning
If you are an enrolled student, Feinberg Library is your academic resource center. Find what you need to complete course assignments, conduct quality research, and improve your information-gathering skills. Do you want to be an exceptional college student? Start by checking out our Student Guide.
For faculty, Feinberg librarians act as individually assigned departmental liaisons. We invite you to contact us to begin one-to-one conversations about your teaching and scholarship needs.
Technology Services & Support
Extensive technology services — from mainframe to desktop and everything in between — help to ensure that nobody pulls the plug on your projects. Whether it’s virus protection, hardware help, software support, or the easing of everyday technology troubles — we do it all. Learn more about technology services and support.
Interested in new ways of enhancing your learning experience? Looking for a non-traditional alternative to the college classroom? Online learning may be the answer. Online learners enjoy the convenience of completing courses at home, and at times that are convenient for them.