All vehicles parked on campus must be authorized to do so and must display a valid hangtag as issued by University Police.
Note: Due to COVID-19, hangtag disbursement rules have changed. Please refer to the student and employee email digest for latest instructions.
To Properly Acquire & Display a Parking Hangtag:
Due to COVID-19, follow these hangtag pickup guidelines:
- On-campus students – Go to housing on the prearranged arrival date to pick up preassigned tag
- Off-campus students – Go to Amitié Plaza, Angell College Center, Monday through Wednesday, August 24 – 26 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Follow the applicable hangtag pickup instructions for on-campus or off-campus students.
- Faculty/staff tags will ship to employee campus addresses listed in Banner* (where applicable, to the authorized agent) within two business days after receipt of payment and registration. First time registrants will need a tag by session start.
- Visitor day passes are disbursed from UPD or student accounts upon submission of vehicle registration and driver's license
- Vendor tags are disbursed from UPD within two business days after filing a vehicle registration form
- Volunteer tags are disbursed from UPD upon submission of vehicle registration form and HR volunteer certification (page 1-2)
- Temporary tags for people with disabilities are disbursed from UPD upon submission of a doctor's prescription outlining the term of the disability
- Service tags are disbursed from UPD upon certification from supervisor and payment of applicable faculty/staff parking fees
*It is important to validate address in MyPlattsburgh prior to registering to ensure tag disburses to the proper location. Login to MyPlattsburgh, click BANNERWEB PORTAL to VIEW/UPDATE ADDRESSES to see/update PERSONAL INFORMATION and ADDRESS AND PHONE. Process address changes directly through Human Resource Services.
- Confirm Hangtag Assignment
- Hangtag Display
- Valid Dates
- Report a Lost or Stolen Hangtag
- Update Hangtag Information
- Cancel an Unwanted Hangtag