Career Development Information for Juniors
What Should a Junior Do About Career Planning?
You are at the midpoint of your college experience.
- Attend a study semester/year overseas
- Ensure that your academic schedule meets program requirements in your major and is flexible for added courses such as: computer applications, languages, or technical writing
- Confer with your mentor, advisor, and/or career counselor about career interests
- Continue your volunteer or part-time job activities to expand your employment experiences and skills
- Update your resume and practice interviewing skills at the CDC in preparation for internships, graduate school & post-graduate job searches
- Attend workshops and Career Night
- Research graduate schools and financial assistance; prepare for graduate admission exams
- Request references from faculty and employers for your credential file
Take the Next Step