Affirmative Action at SUNY Plattsburgh
The Affirmative Action Officer (AAO) is charged with assuring compliance with state and federal requirements for equal employment opportunity, as well as for equal educational opportunity and compliance with Title IX. (See "Notice of Non-Discrmination".)
This charge entails:
- Accepting and investigating complaints of discrimination, including:
- Sexual harassment; and sexual violence;
- Bias in hiring, promotion, training, and other personnel actions and decisions;
- Bias in the classroom, including grading and assignments;
- Hostile environments at work and in the classroom based on sex, race, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
- Assisting search committees in conducting full affirmative action searches by:
- Advertising widely and appropriately;
- Evaluating credentials of candidates using fair and broad criteria;
- Keeping to legal procedures and interview questions;
- Monitoring requests for search waivers.
- Conducting training, education, and conversations about equal employment opportunity, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action;
- Establishing, each year, the Affirmative Action Plan for Plattsburgh State, which involves:
- Analyzing workforce utilization by race, gender, disability, and veteran status;
- Identifying problem areas in process and procedures;
- Establishing goals if necessary.
- Working with the campus Affirmative Action Advisory Committee.
Lynda J. Ames, Ph.D.
Affirmative Action Officer & Title IX Coordinator
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-3310
Fax: (518) 564-3318