Feinberg Library Information for Guest Borrowers
For alumni, Open Access students and faculty, and the general public
Visitors to Feinberg Library have access to all collections and reference services. If you are interested in borrowing from our collection, you will need to purchase a Guest Borrower's Card. Applications are available at the second-level Service Desk. You will need to show a valid form of identification (e.g., a driver's license) when you apply.
- For guest borrowers (including alumni), the annual fee is $25. Please note that Reference materials, periodicals, and some media and government documents do not circulate.
- For Open Access borrowers, there is no fee; however, two forms of identification are required, with one being a student ID.
The loan periods are the same as those for SUNY Plattsburgh students, as follows:
Open shelf books: 28 days (2 renewals)
- Government Documents: 28 days (2 renewals)
- Records, Compact Discs: 14 days (1 renewal)
- Videocassettes and DVDs: seven days (1 renewal)
There is a limit of 25 items on loan at a time. SUNY Plattsburgh emeriti have the same loan period as faculty (90 days with two renewals).
Services for Guest Borrowers
Guest borrowers can...
- request to be logged-on to any Feinberg computer. No online accounts are established. Priority access is given to enrolled students;
- print for ten cents per page;
- renew materials by calling the second-level Service Desk at 518-564-5182, or visit the library in person. There are no fees for late materials; however, if materials are more than 25 days late, they will be considered lost, and a fee of $25 per item will be charged.
Guest borrowers cannot...
- use our wireless connections
- use the services available at the first-level Service desk (Computer Lab area);
- use Interlibrary Loan services;
- check-out materials from Special Collections, as these are available to all for in-library use only. Visit Special Collections for more information.
- check out periodicals or materials placed on reserve.
For more information, please contact:
Darlene Strack, Circulation Supervisor
2 Draper Avenue, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-5199
Fax: (518) 564-5100