University Police Graduate Assistantship: Aid to the Chief
(This position is filled for the 2012-13 Academic Year)
This position provides a tuition scholarship (in-state rate) and a stipend of $6,250 for the 2012-2013 academic year. The individual will be required to work 20 hours per week, but some flexibility may be permitted. The graduate assistant will report to the Chief of University Police
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform data collection activities, research, statistical analysis, and report write-ups for a variety of areas, including, but not limited to criminal statistics, department assessments, accreditation pursuit, parking, parking tickets, etc.
- Assist in the creation of policies and procedures for dispatch and parking functions.
- Provide support for the University Police Parking Office.
- Keep mandatory University Police accreditation file folders complete and in compliance with accreditation standards.
- Assist with the administration and delivery of policies and procedures.
- Aid with federally mandated Clery Act filing and compliance procedures.
- Be available to assist with major college events such as opening day, graduation, large sporting events, etc.
- Create and/or edit educational materials utilized by University Police, including website information.
- Matriculation in a graduate program at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- In good academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA).
- Proficient computer skills and willingness to learn BANNER.
- Possess knowledge of research design, data entry and analysis, and research processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skilled in English grammar, punctuation, and document formatting.
- Committed to confidentiality, professionalism, and integrity.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to attend to details.
- Demonstrate strong ability to work independently on assigned projects and initiatives
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php
For more information about the position, contact:
Arlene Sabo, Chief of University Police
Office: University Police, Health Center Building
Phone: (518) 564-2022