Graduate Assistantship Opening in Literacy Education and Services
This position provides a tuition scholarship (in-state rate) and a stipend for the 2014-2015 academic year. It requires a 20-hour-per-week commitment. The graduate assistant will report to the Program Leader for Literacy Education.
- Design and actively participate in original research projects with faculty aimed toward the enhancement of teacher preparation and the documentation of student growth in the profession of teaching.
- Take part in the process of researching the impact of the redesign of our M.S.Ed. Literacy program by providing assistance to faculty in collecting and analyzing data on student learning and in supporting that analysis as part of the ongoing TEAC accreditation process.
- Present research findings to faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students in a professional development and/or research venue connecting the results of the investigation to available information as it pertains to literacy preparation to the new responsibilities of literacy coaches.
- Provide tutorial services in AWR classes in the subject of writing as it pertains to the professional development of undergraduates in our teacher education programs.
- Assist the director of the Literacy Education Center with an anticipated expansion of services provided to students, faculty, and community.
- Preference given to students matriculated in the M.S.Ed. Literacy program at SUNY Plattsburgh
- Take and pass the CITI certification before undertaking any research activities
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to teach writing
- High proficiency with educational technology
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application Form by February 15. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php
For more information about the position, contact:
Aline Bobys, Ed.D.
Associate Professor, Teacher Education Unit
Program Leader, M.S.Ed. Literacy Programs
Office Location: Sibley 200A
Phone: (518) 564-5147
Fax: (518) 564-2149